Explosive growth in data generation and storage is occurring on a massive, global scale. Primary drivers include sensors becoming ubiquitous, most every media becoming digitized, and data operations - - acquisition, transmission, and storage - - being able to handle googolplexes of bytes.
Adeptly managing, mining, and extracting useful information in such a data-saturated environment has become critical in commercial, government and defense sectors. Essential capabilities include scalable tools that validate, reconcile and store the data; ingenious algorithms that uncover patterns and trends; and end-to-end systems that extract key information.
Applied Communication Sciences researchers are working on precisely these aspects of Information Analytics, particularly in the areas of:
- Mathematical Techniques
- Machine Learning
- System for Extracting Actionable Intelligence
- Tool for Data Exploration and Transformation
- Research Areas
- Wireless Systems and Technologies
- Mobile Networking
- Broadband and Optical Networking
- Quantum Communications
- Cyber Security
- Adaptive Network Control and Management
- Information Analytics
- Internal Research and Development (IR&D) Program